There are several kinds of educational degrees for therapists; psychologists, clinical social workers, professional counselors, couples and family therapists. Being licensed is a professional standard for the field. You want to work with a professional therapist, who has at minimum a masters degree and experience working within your area of concern.

Posted in: Questions to ask the therapist